Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A New Year


Happy New Year!

Yes, a couple of weeks late. With three kiddos (two of whom have the typical winter colds), a dog, frozen winter pipes, a husband, and a job, that's pretty much the "lateness" that I average.


So, how about a little catch up?


Thanksgiving and Christmas were much-needed breaks, spent with family and friends and the busyness that the holiday season has to offer. We intentionally slowed down some, but definitely not enough. We're working on that!

My youngest baby will be turning one in less than a month. My oh my, how quickly the past 11 months went by! I'm sure many others can attest to that as well. The older I get, the faster life comes and goes. I'm working so hard at enjoying every moment (even while pulling the night shift with a crying, stuffy, teething, coughing baby). It doesn't stay this way very long!




This year holds so much change and adjustment, and we're taking it one day at a time. When I think about the dates coming up (my baby walking soon, the four-year anniversary of Josiah's birth/death, my second starting kindergarten, pending work trips, turning 26 31 35, races we are registered for, training to get in, parties to plan, etc., etc., etc.), it can all get so overwhelming. My goal is to enjoy everything and handle the hard things IN.THE.MOMENT. If I stress, it will pass me by quicker than I can blink, and I will gain nothing.

Remind me (and yourself) of that when you see me. We both probably need it. :)


Happy 2014!






No comments: