Friday, February 11, 2011

Streams of Consciousness

Today I sit, on this gloriously sunny yet freezing cold day, with windows wide open, sunshine abundant, fresh air blowing in...God's little reminders that warmer weather will be here soon! While the snow is beautiful and the seasons are a part of life, I still LOVE warmth a whole lot better!


Princess Lucy is loving the sunshine too...quietly moping/sleeping on the playroom floor while her puppies leave this week. Poor girl.


The first puppy of the litter left on Wednesday, and two more leave today. That makes three sold, four to go! While I thought seeing them go would be hard on me and harder on the children, I'm realizing just how tired my head and body are - and overall we are SO SO glad to see them go! Yes, they are beyond adorable and playful...but do you know how much poop those little creatures make?! Three feedings each day, five total trips outside, four cleanings of the dog pen, and now two of them constantly climbing the sides of the cage and escaping. All of it equals one.tired.lady. (That would be me, in case you didn't guess.) Hey, if you know of anyone else that needs/wants of puppy, send them my way! I'm willing to make a deal! Seriously.


We have nothing planned for this weekend...a first for us in a long time. Sounds like some cleaning, organizing, tax preparation, bike riding, and long runs are in order. Wait, that now sounds like plans...ha! Ahh, the things that make my heart sing!


Last weekend we went on a ski retreat with the senior high kids from our church...and we lived to tell about it! ;o) No, really...it was truly a fun weekend. I'm just not used to going to bed around 1:00am two nights mornings in a row, plus skiing for almost an entire day. In drippy cold rain/sleet. Still totally worth it, though.


Any plans out there for the big V-Day on Monday? Honestly, I could take it or leave it. Note to Hubby: No pressure to go out to eat or get me a present...how 'bout an early bed time for the kiddos and a nice snack and a movie? Shoulder rub? And a hot chocolate? I'm now pushing it, aren't I?


I need to start getting paperwork done for Danae's kindergarten registration. Yes, I did say the "K" word. Shudder. Sometimes I feel so old when I realize my baby is going to school in just 6 months...where did the past 5 years go?! So, yes...paperwork, then scheduling the kindergarten screening and the parent interview in May. Yup, they check us child-owners out, too, I guess to make sure we are sane and know what we're doing. Ha! Ha! Ha! Just thinking about how that will go makes me laugh. I might ask them what happens if we don't get a passing "score". Oh, I crack myself up. :o)


Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments: