I was recently tagged on Facebook by a college buddy to write "25 Random Things" about myself...things, facts, habits, goals, etc. I'm sure that the entire Facebook community has done this by now...I'm just a little on the slow side. Like most things (such as debating, arguing, deep discussions, etc.), I need time to process my thoughts, and I can usually get back to you within a week or two. Yeah, don't ask me to be on your debate team...ever. ;o)
Anywho, I thought I'd put my "25 Things" on here as well. Makes for an interesting post...
Have a happy Monday!
"25 Random Things"
1) I'm half Puertorican and half Irish...thus the college nickname "The Puertorican Leprechaun".
2) To add to the nickname mentioned in #1: my birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. Makes the nickname even more appropriate. My lack of excessive height also made it stick.
3) I secretly wish I owned a bakery where I created and sold good-for-you cookies, cakes, pies, smoothies...and other creations that I come up with.
4) I love to cook and bake for lots of people. Planning my parents'/aunt's/uncle's joint birthday party last year and making food for it was a high for me.
5) I LOVE it when my house is completely clean and organized. It's a wonderful feeling.
6) I am much more open to God's will in my life now than I ever was before. If He wants us to be missionaries, I'm all for it!
7) Running is my release...release of stress, worries, sweat, you name it.
8) I love the Spanish language and can understand it pretty well. I need to brush up on my speaking skills, though.
9) I MUCH prefer warm weather to cold...unless it's 90-something degrees out. That just makes me feel like I'm going to pass out.
10) I would really, really like to go on a missions trip to a Spanish-speaking country.
11) I grew up around Long Beach Island and love the beach, even though we don't get there nearly as much as I'd like to.
12) Thanks to growing up in the sun, Irish skin, and possibly cancerous genes, I had stage 1 melanoma when I was 20 years old, plus several pre-cancerous removals. None recently, though!
13) I love sports, especially soccer, and really enjoy watching them. Baseball bores me somewhat, although I will still go to a game and have fun.
14) I really like Australian accents and would love to visit Australia someday. If only it weren't so expensive!
15) I gave birth to my first child in the hospital and my second in a birth center. My labor and birth of each was completely opposite of one another (drugs vs. no drugs, length, etc.), but I truly believe that God planned them that way for a reason and has shown that to us.
16) My long-term memory is not so great. I can't remember much from my childhood, unless something sparks it. My husband thinks I'm suppressing something. :o)
17) I really don't like my feet. Enough said.
18) I had my tongue pierced for 6 months when I was in college. Two chipped teeth and Steph's dad bribing me with $20 was enough for me to take it out.
19) I love to snuggle.
20) I have a hard time sitting still and doing one thing, even if it's to watch a movie. I need to be doing something else at the same time. Multi-tasking should be my middle name.
21) Speaking of middle names: I don't have one. If you think of a good one for me, I'll consider it.
22) I had my first job when I was 14. Just like 10% of the people in this country, I worked at McDonald's for a few years. I pretty much have always had a job since then.
23) One job I'd like to have: work for Runner's World magazine.
24) Your birthday is the one day of the year that is meant for you and should be celebrated!
25) I believe God's doing some big things in my life right now...and He's not done yet. :o)