Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And the ants come marching...

Sorry I haven't been my blogging self lately. Here's the short list of what we've been up to:

- sickness
- used car shopping/trading in the Jeep
- mortgage shopping
- working full-time plus part-time plus mommy-time (that's a 24/7 job)
- keeping the house clean/organized for those soon-to-be house viewers out there (Hey, anyone want to buy a cute townhouse?!)
- traveling to NJ
- fighting the ants

Yeah, there's been a lot going on and a lot on the mind, so please bear with me for the next few weeks. :o)

Probably the biggest battle here in the house has been with those tiny black creatures that don't really serve a purpose in my book: ants. Ever since my little Peanut dropped her apple slices behind the couch months ago, these buggers seem to think they can trickle in when they want. They took a couple months off, and just this past week they are back in action. They show up on my kitchen counters and floor, coming when we least expect it. I have been so paranoid about it that I don't leave the tiniest crumb sitting on the counter, I wipe everything down at least twice a day, I make the kids eat at the table and no where else...there is nothing out for these dummies to get!!! They came once, so Hubby said they'll come looking again. We keep spraying ant shield stuff in cracks, and I sprayed the entire perimeter of the house, so now we'll see who wins this game! Ha!

In other news, we did deal with another sickness in our house. Some type of virus hit the kiddos and me, and we were out of commission for a few days. Of course, my turn to deal with it was right over Easter...so yes, I had to skip yet another ham-eating holiday (same thing happened at Thanksgiving). I braved church that morning, only to keep leaning on Hubby due to the dizziness and nausea. I also made it to his family's house that evening...but then ended up laying on their couch the entire time, burning up in fever, ready for Jesus to call me home (and also feeling a tiny bit jealous of my family, who were on vacation together in Florida...lucky dogs). But, thank the Lord, we made it through that sickness...and hopefully nothing else will strike again!

So, I'll try to do a better job at posting/updating. I'm thinking that shorter, topic-specific posts might have to happen (since the days are seemingly shorter lately)...and that way you'll hear from me more often and not wonder if I fell off the face of the earth.

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Such The Spot said...

Ants are the worst thing to have in your house. I mean besides scorpions. But unless you live in the desert it's not something to worry about. :)

Take all the time you need and don't feel guilty about it. That way I won't have to feel guilty for being awol bloggy style either.

Aimee said...

Oooh, we have the ANT problem too!! GRRR! Happens every year - our old house just has too many cracks! Hope you are all feeling better today! Enjoy the beautiful weather!! :)

Anonymous said...

I call upon the name of JESUS, who sees all, knows all to set you all free from viruses, colds, ect.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. When you least expect it, a door will open. We will continue praying for answers to prayers.