I really should write a book...perhaps entitle it "Musings from My Four-Year-Old". Danae's comments have a good mixture of little girl curiosity and 70-year-old wit. She cracks me up every day!
1) While we were driving down the road...
Danae: "Mom, what's that smell?"
Me: "That's manure. The farmer spreads manure in his field to help the plants grow. Manure is poop."
Danae, seeing cows laying down in their pasture: "I bet those cows over there are pooping right now."
2) On one of my days off a few weeks ago, I babysat two little boys (ages 2 and 3) for my neighbor...
Danae, while holding two of her paintbrushes and crossing them: "Hey, look Mom! These paintbrushes now make a cross!" (turning to three-year-old Ryan and showing him her cross creation) "Hey Ryan! Who died on the cross?" (Ryan doesn't answer.) "Ryan? Are you listening to me?! WHO DIED ON THE CROSS?? MOM...Ryan won't answer me!"
3) "Here's a small french fry for you, Mom...because you're a little woman."
4) Danae: "Hey Mama, look! I can walk down the stairs backwards!"
Me: "Danae, please don't do that. I don't want you to fall down the stairs and get hurt."
Danae: "It's okay, Mom. If I fall and get a boo boo, I'll just slap a Band-Aid on it."
5) Danae is always asking me how to say things in Spanish. She learned "Can I help?", which is "Puedo Ayudar?"
Danae: "Mommy? Play-Doh ayudar?"
Have a happy Wednesday! :o)