Monday, October 4, 2010

streams of consciousness

I went through my inbox this morning, and there are at least 16 flagged emails (I started to lose count) that need a response or some sort of my attention, still sitting there unanswered. I better get on that today.


In "The Comeback" post, I mentioned having only one job starting the middle of this month. Well...things changed again, and I'll spare you the boring details, but I will still have just one job...it will just be a super, super part-time job, still 2-3 miles from home, and still very do-able. Meaning more time at home to care for my babes and wrap my head around the clutter that's clogging things up around here.


It's been a rainy few days here in PA, and so cold that I almost expect to see snow falling! (it's not in the forecast...just in my thoughts) Last week's major rain and flooding made the entrance to our town's park (just down the street from us) look like this:




See, Mom and Dad...I told you it was kind of crazy out here!


We had no where in particular to be today, and the kiddos looked so darn cute in their footie pajamas that I just didn't feel like dressing them today. Heck, I didn't feel like dressing myself, but I did manage to pull on some running gear and get in a 4-mile training run on my neighbor's treadmill. The kiddos? They just played inside with all the other kids that my neighbor babysits. Did I at least dress them to go over there? Nope.




And really, when my little Buzz Lightyear is riding around on his motorcycle with a baseball helmet on, who would even try to tell him he needs to change? No need for the battle, no need to wash more laundry, and keeping the boy happy and cute all day...that's more like it!

1 comment:

The lady of the house... said...

way to go girl!

pj's all day....i'm just glad to hear you weren't wearing those ginormous footie pj's! those things are scray to look at just hanging on the rack, Hope to see you soon!!!!