Thursday, May 19, 2011

Busyness...and the arrival of Kindergarten!

Wow...again, apologies for the long absence! It seems like when life gets busy, getting my thoughts down on paper typed on the computer takes a major backseat...probably not healthy for this brain of mine. Let me know if you notice twitching when you see me. ;o)


Every March through May gets this way: working at one job while trying to prepare for the upcoming summer lacrosse program with my other job. (I am fortunate enough to have some side work where I administrate a girls' lacrosse club from home.) Don't get me wrong: I am not complaining in the least! I love being busy and having variety in my work and life, but I realize the importance of reflecting, relaxing, and slowing it down a bit. I'm so thankful that this "crazy busy season" with the lacrosse club (filled with rostering, registering, scheduling, tons of emails each day, several phone calls each day, and LOTS of paperwork) lasts two months and then slows to a trickle!


Besides work, I've been mentally preparing for the arrival of Kindergarten. Yes, it's going to take me a few months to be okay with having a child in school, so I'd better start now! Danae had her Kindergarten screening recently, which went well for her. Me, on the other hand...I teared up most of the morning, trying hard to not let the school principal and other teachers see me make a fool of myself. Seriously, if I reacted like that on the Kindergarten screening day, what will I be like on the first day of school?? Note to self: take that day off of work. I have to admit: accepting that my oldest will be a kindergartener in a few months has been hard for me to swallow. Danae has always been with me, whether it be to a friend's house or to the grocery store, and pretty soon that time spent together will be less. I'm happy that she's SO SO excited about going to school, but I'm going to miss my baby!





And what on earth will I do with this little boy who is already saying that his sister can't go to school because he wants her to stay home and play with him all day long?? My guess: lots and lots of baseball, Matchbox cars, and snuggling. :o)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i will be a mess when that day comes...i already get misty eyed when my 11 month old does something that shows independence!