Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend, Hubby and I packed up the kiddos (after he participated in a Friday morning golf outing to benefit House of His Creation) and headed out to NJ to visit with my parents and other family members whom we have not seen in a while. It was so nice to see everyone, and we got to meet little Amanda Iris, (the baby girl of my cousin Anita), who was born two days after my boy. She is a little doll!
We were also blessed to be able to take a Sunday visit to the beach....YES!!! :o) Even though it was kind of humid, we (Hubby, the kiddos, my mom, and myself) thoroughly enjoyed watching Danae play in the sand and water, playing in the sand and water ourselves, and catching some rays. Of course, I didn't anticipate having time to go to my favorite relaxation place, so I didn't pack any of our swimsuits. Nonetheless, Danae still had a great time in her underwear. Yeah, I know...don't judge me. There weren't many people around, and she's a little kid who wanted to play. At least I didn't strip down to my underwear (even though I was considering it). :o)

Now we are home, back to the daily grind. The only change is that Caedon and I are dealing with thrush, so please pray that this clears up quickly! Have a happy week!

No comments: