Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wallpaper

I don't like wallpaper.


In fact, we are enemies right now.


We are in the throes of a big living room project, which (if you haven't guessed by now) involves wallpaper removal. It's a big room, so lots and lots of wallpaper removal. Wallpaper that's been on plaster walls for probably 80+ years. NO.LIE.


This stuff is like a second skin. There's nothing else under there. Just paper against plaster. But it's on there so snug, and the glue is so thick. And I no likey.


But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Soon...very, very soon...this paper will be off. And the primer will go up. And my ceiling will be painted white. And my walls will be...well, I'm not going to give that one away quite yet. I will say, though, that they won't be your ordinary tan, cream, or even pale color. You'll just have to tune in sometime next week to find out! :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That sounds like so much work! I thought there was a way to prime over the wallpaper...no? Can't wait to hear about your paint choice!

Tim said...

Pink? Mauve? Fuscia? But that's only if Curt is picking the color...