Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Holiday baking and the such

FYI: The Lady of the House over at Three Men and a Lady gave me the tip of googling how to get music on my blog. So, for those of you who have asked...sorry! The only advice I can give is to research it. It's the best way to learn.

Now that I've finally remembered to post that bit of information, let's get on to the real purpose of this post: HOLIDAY BAKING! YUM!

Thanksgiving Day may resemble something close to a circus in our house, with both sides of the family coming. So, I'm after some of your best, tried and true, delicious (and maybe slightly healthy?) cookie, pie, bread, cake, and turkey (YES, turkey!) recipes. Is there anything that you love to eat or bake during the holidays? I LOVE to make pumpkin pie and have already made 3 or 4 of them in the past month or so. Here's my Pumpkin Pie recipe:

- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup instant biscuit baking mix (Bisquick, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup Eggbeaters (or 2 eggs, whichever you prefer)
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 9-inch deep dish pie crust

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put all ingredients into blender. Blend on high for 1 minute. Pour into pie crust. Bake for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.


It's really that simple!

So, if you have a recipe you want to share, go ahead and post it on your blog. If you don't have a blog, e-mail the recipe to me and I'll post it on here for all to see. Happy sharing! :o)

No comments: