Saturday, September 5, 2009

Let's Make Something!

I must warn you:


I think this whole pregnancy thing is making some creative juices flow in my head. I'm known to be the straight-up, non-creative, realistic thinker. Decorating? Can't do it. Make up a game? Not a chance. Lately, though, things have been a little different.


For instance, I want to paint every wall in site. And not just a normal, crisp cream or beige...I'm trying to convince Hubby to make my bathroom a bright green or blue (haven't totally decided yet). And then there's the re-arranging ideas floating around up there, as well as kid crafts ideas. Oh, boy...as if I'm not busy enough!


But a few days ago, I let the "let's make our own PlayDoh" idea out of its cage. My husband asked, "Why?", (really, he's right...it's not like we need more PlayDoh in our house...we have plenty of that), but Danae got excited, so off to the kitchen we went.


Who knew that some of these ingredients...




...could lead to endless joy for this little girl.



If you're interested, here's how ya do it:


1/2 c. flour
1/4 cup salt
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 c. water
1/2 Tbsp. oil


Mix all in a small saucepan over low heat until a dough-like consistency forms. Add a few drops of food coloring to make it colorful. Knead the dough on a floured surface until cool enough for your child to touch. Voilá! Storing it in a jar or ziplock bag in your fridge is the best way to keep it lasting for months.


Off to fix up Danae's art area. I'll show you that later! :)

No comments: