Thursday, September 3, 2009

Simple Musings

Today I'm feeling:


1) like my to-do list is dominating me.

2) frustrated by people who commit to get things donated/printed but then back out...nine days before a fundraiser for work.

3) like I'm scrambling to put the pieces back together for said fundraiser and get the project done.

4) pretty darn mad at the people in #2.

5) like I want to go back into the basement and eat out of the ice cream carton...for the second time today.



Ever have one of those days? Where you rely on others but, in the end, are disappointed, a little bitter, and have even more work to do? Yup, I'm so there.



But then, in the midst of making phone calls, trying to fix things and make it all better again, these lyrics flow through my computer speakers from a blog that I frequent:


"...Now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross


Perfect timing, right to the heart, and ever so true. Thanks, God.

No comments: